Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I have a big performance coming up in a few days. If your in NHS Marching band I think you know what I mean. If not it's Vintage Band review. It is going to be big. I'm so nervous because the drum-line has to do a formation while playing a song for drum-line. Also we have to stay at attention for 2-4 minutes to get evaluated by a judge. Were being evaluated on form, instrument, and focus  When I mean form I mean we have to stand up straight, with our feet at 45 degree angel, and looking on the orrises en. (Looking up and straight.) Instrument I mean have it at a rest position (Like holding your flute in your hand pointing straight up.) It also has to look good. Like clean, not dirt, and not bumps or scratches . I have to hold two cymbals and hold them together and put them on my left shoulder under my arm. And for focusness you can't smile, can't look around, cant flinch, and can't make a face. Your basically serious for 2-4 minute. And its not easy if your carrying 4-6 pound cymbals for a long time. But I just have to get stronger on my left side.
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment